Sunday, June 9, 2013

Staring into Space #11



What scares me is when I find myself looking back from the space in between. Like an intruder, I'm conscious of my existence and possible impact on the casual observer. I'm no longer alone. I have company. Not something dark and sinister, just a fleeting glance that will blow away in the next movement, creeping across the landscape in opposition to the rising sun. This part of me will leave no trace. I endeavor to do the same but the fatal flaw is gravity as I look down and see my footprints in the mud and a broken twig under my shoe. How clumsy we are, I think, unlike the shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PATHWAY TO SANITY

The pathway to sanity has been long and arduous. Here I was thinking I was normal. Tension and anxiety were simply a part of everyday life. ...