Thursday, June 20, 2013

Staring into space #15



Others do it as well, I've noticed. I wonder what they are thinking, if at all. 'What are you thinking about?' I ask. 'Nothing really, just staring into space'.
What do we hope to find out there? The answer to a question, a new past, a predicable future, comfort from the crowd, memories of a friend?
The noise of the traffic and the chatter of the crowd fades. One hand warms the other, the eyes see new things, the ears are attuned to new melodies. The soft light of the days is brief and refreshing. It will pass, this moment and nothing will have changed but the craving to return will linger until lunch time.
We can shake loose from the fantasy but not from the feelings it brings.

1 comment:

PATHWAY TO SANITY

The pathway to sanity has been long and arduous. Here I was thinking I was normal. Tension and anxiety were simply a part of everyday life. ...