Saturday, June 2, 2012
The other side
Whichever way we look at it, we are always on the other side. Be it a fence, a political point of view, a bit of religious fervour or an arguement about who's turn it is to wash up. We spend a good part of our waking hours and quite a bit of the sleeping ones dreaming of what it might be like over there. Greener, they say. Lush and forgiving. Luxuriant pastures I have heard. Fat cows with creamy milk. Warm days with cloudless skies. A better life awaits just a brick away.see how tall the fence is, though. I might need a ladder to get over it. I guess I'll just have to stay here a little longer. Who mows the lawn over there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WHat now?
At some time in our present, each of us will stand on the brink of the future and wonder: “What now?” It’s not surprising we cannot answer...
-
How much patience we need to get to where we are going. The waiting room, the queue, the departure, the arrival, the time in between. N...
-
If you don't know what it's like to love someone, you are missing something quite unique and special. Fall into it and stay th...
-
I know I'm old when my dreams no longer contain images of nubile wenches gyrating frantically before me with lustful intent. Now I drea...

I've been waiting to see who's going to mow the lawn on MY side of the fence. So far no one has come. Suddenly, though, after seeing and reading your post here today it seems much less important. Time for a sit-down and a delicious beverage, I think. Care to join us?
ReplyDelete