Saturday, June 2, 2012

The other side



Whichever way we look at it, we are always on the other side. Be it a fence, a political point of view, a bit of religious fervour or an arguement about who's turn it is to wash up. We spend a good part of our waking hours and quite a bit of the sleeping ones dreaming of what it might be like over there. Greener, they say. Lush and forgiving. Luxuriant pastures I have heard. Fat cows with creamy milk. Warm days with cloudless skies. A better life awaits just a brick away.see how tall the fence is, though. I might need a ladder to get over it. I guess I'll just have to stay here a little longer. Who mows the lawn over there?

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting to see who's going to mow the lawn on MY side of the fence. So far no one has come. Suddenly, though, after seeing and reading your post here today it seems much less important. Time for a sit-down and a delicious beverage, I think. Care to join us?

    ReplyDelete

PATHWAY TO SANITY

The pathway to sanity has been long and arduous. Here I was thinking I was normal. Tension and anxiety were simply a part of everyday life. ...